Rose water has been used for centuries to promote wellness to the mind, body & spirit. The lovely scent of rose soothes, relaxes & comforts the mind, reducing stress. Known for its antibacterial & healing properties, rose water is used to nourish skin & hair.
Rose water calms & soothes irritated skin & reduces inflammation & redness. It is loaded with vitamins such as vitamin C, to stimulate collagen & vitamin E to moisturize. Rose water balances ph, thus helping to calm acne, psoriasis, rosacea & eczema. It also neutralizes free radicals, reduces wrinkles, & creates a youthful glow to your skin.
Rose water nourishes hair as well, reducing dandruff & frizz & increasing shine.
To make Rose water
- Remove rose petals from stems
* Be sure to use organic, not chemically treated
- Rinse petals under lukewarm water & add to a large pot
- Add distilled water to the pot
*Just enough to cover the petals
- Bring to a boil & simmer 30 minutes or until the color has drained from the petals
- Strain & chill
- Fill glass spray bottle or glass jar with tight fitting lid
* We store ours in the fridge
Use rose water on your skin twice daily as a toner & moisturizer
After shampooing, use rose water as a scalp rinse