Tea tree has been used for centuries to heal & cleanse. Tea tree oil comes from the leaves of the Melaleuca alternifolia tree. Tea tree has antibacterial & antifungal properties. It is a natural sanitizer, deodorant & insect repellent.
Utilizing tea tree oil (we prefer Doterra) in a diffuser will cleanse the air in your home & treat discomfort due to cough & cold. It neutralizes the air, just like sage smudging. Tea tree can also be used to clean your home.
All purpose cleaner
- In a spray bottle combine,
- 20 drops of tea tree oil
-1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- Shake well. Spray & wipe with cloth
Tea tree has been used in healing for centuries to treat cuts & scrapes. It reduces inflammation & increases the white blood cells, promoting healing.
To treat cuts & scrapes
- Clean area with soap & water
- In a small bowl mix 2 drops of tea tree oil with 1 teaspoon of carrier oil hemp oil, coconut, olive, etc)
- Apply mixture to bandage & apply bandage to the cut or scrape.
- Repeat twice a day until scab forms
Tea tree promotes skin & hair health as well. Tea tree provides healing to acne, psoriasis & many other skin irritations & inflammation. Try this spray to comfort symptoms of these conditions.
Tea tree skin tonic
- In a glass spray bottle add,
- 2 drops of tea tree oil
- 1 teaspoon carrier oil (I prefer hemp oil)
- 1 teaspoon witch hazel
- fill remainder of the bottle with distilled water
- Shake well before use & spray on skin twice daily
Tea tree promotes a healthy scalp & treats dandruff.
- Mix 2 drops of tea tree oil with 1 tablespoon of carrier oil & massage into scalp after shampooing
- Rinse & condition hair as usual
Tea tree is generally safe for adults, but may cause irritation to those with sensitivities & should be diluted with a carrier oil. Do not ingest & keep away from children & pets. Be mindful that this oil is very potent & a little goes a very, very, very long way. Enjoy!