Happiness, power & wish fulfillment. Dandelions also represent the sun & its warmth. This glorious flower is known for surviving challenges with beauty & grace & is believed to be a magical, good luck flower. Folklore speaks of tales of true love & wish fulfillment by blowing off the seeds in a single breath. The dandelion has been used for centuries for overall well-being.
Dandelions are edible & healthy. They are loaded with vitamins & antioxidants. The dandelion skin & hair benefits are absolutely amazing!
Dandelion root extract increases the generation of new skin cells resulting in slowing down the aging process, reducing fine lines & wrinkles &
healing skin blemishes. Dandelion reduces inflammation & irritation. It also increases collagen & hydrates. Dandelion also heals damage due to sun exposure.
If you have allergies to ragweed, I do not suggest using dandelion on your skin. Dandelion is gentle with sensitive skin & can be used to treat acne, psoriasis, eczema & dandruff.
You can utilize the dandelions in your yard as long as they have not been sprayed with chemicals.
You can dry all of the flower parts in your oven. Place stems, leaves, etc on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake at 200 degrees until dried.
Dandelions can also be steeped by placing bundles of dandelions in boiling purified water then strain out the dandelions. Cool & store the liquid in an airtight glass container.
The quickest go to is steeping organic dandelion root tea.
Dandelion facial toner
- Fill a glass spray bottle with dandelion tea or your dandelion liquid
- Add 1 tablespoon of witch hazel
- Shake bottle & spray on skin
- Store bottle in refrigerator
Dandelion blemish paste
-Ground dried dandelion root in a bowl & add small amounts of water until paste forms
- Cover blemish with paste
- Rinse after 20 minutes with warm water
* This paste treats acne, eczema & psoriasis
Dandelion hair tonic
- Fill a jar with dandelion tea or your dandelion liquid
- Add 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar & mix
- Pour mixture over damp hair & massage into scalp
- Rinse with warm water
* This hair tonic treats dandruff by removing excess oils from the scalp
Enjoy those beautiful dandelions!